The 3 (or 4) day weekend is getting closer. But until then, you have the finest morning train reads to keep you informed:
• An Industry Is Falling Out of Love With Hedge Funds (Bloomberg)
• Are You Saving Enough To Retire? Here’s A Better Way To Keep Track (Investor’s Business Daily) but see Indexing Moves Into Dangerous Waters (Think Advisor)
• Gold: The History of An Obsession (The Irrelevant Investor)
• A billion prices can’t be wrong: ‘A “big data” approach to inflation is helping us understand the fundamental question of why recessions happen’ (Tim Harford)
• The Do Not Call List Used to Be Magical. Now Robocalls Are Out of Control. What Happened? (Slate)
What are you reading?