Heckuva week! Finish it strong with our morning train reads:
• How to Survive a Melt-Up (Wealth of Common Sense) see also The Next Twenty Percent (Irrelevant Investor)
• The Upside of Losing Half Your Money (Motley Fool)
• Steve Eisman’s Next Big Short Is Hedge Fund Fees (Bloomberg)
• Justice Department says it will end use of private prisons (Washington Post) see also Private prisons are shrouded in secrecy. I took a job as a guard to get inside—then things got crazy (Mother Jones)
• Nightmare on Main Street: America’s housing system was at the centre of the last crisis. It has still not been properly reformed (The Economist)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Jeff Gramm, son of Senator Phil Gramm, and author of Dear Chairman: Boardroom Battles and the Rise of Shareholder Activism.