My two-fer-Tuesday morning train reads:
• Why thousands of millionaires don’t pay federal income taxes (Washington Post) see also Searching for the Truth in Trump’s 1995 Tax Return (Bloomberg View)
• A Dozen Things You can Learn by Reading “The Success Equation” by Michael Mauboussin (25iq)
• America is running out of apartments (Business Insider) see also Mortgage Rates “Near All Time Lows” (Calculated Risk)
• The Rise and Fall of New Funds: Investors routinely pour cash into recently launched funds. Is that a mistake? (Morningstar)
• Elon Musk: A Million Humans Could Live on Mars By the 2060s (National Geographic) see also Musk’s Mars moment: Audacity, madness, brilliance—or maybe all three (Ars Technica)
• Disconfirmations, Framing & Satisficing (A Wealth of Common Sense)
• The Failed Philosophy Behind the NJ Train Crash (Medium) see also New Jersey Train Crash Heightens Rail-Safety Concerns (Wall Street Journal)
• In a Time of Trump, Millennial Jews Awaken to Anti-Semitism: A new generation is experiencing an age-old hatred for the first time (Politico)
• Five Extremely Logical Theories About Hillary Clinton’s Debate Performance (New Yorker) see also Republicans Wonder If Trump Can Recover From ‘Worst Week’ (Bloomberg)
• Fermi Finds Record-breaking Binary in Galaxy Next Door (NASA)
What are you reading?
How real-estate developers pay almost nothing in taxes
Source: Washington Post
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!