My 4 day weekend morning ain’t-on-a-train reads:
• Why picking stocks is only slightly better than playing the lottery (Marketwatch) see also Investors Have Lost Sight of the Purpose of Indexes (Bloomberg View)
• Meet the out-of-work (Brookings)
• Feel Good About the Markets? Maybe You Shouldn’t Read This (New York Times)
• Bruce Berkowitz Seeks Return to Glory by Betting on Sears: Previous fund manager of the decade has seen his fund’s assets shrink 89% since 2011 (Wall Street Journal) see also When should you fire your mutual fund manager? (Washington Post)
• Penn Station Is New York’s Commuter Hell, and It’s About to Get Worse (Bloomberg)
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!