My end of the week fishing reads:
• As Cost of Living Rises and Wages Stagnate, Big City Freelancers Look to Small Cities (Slate)
• How Sellers Trick Amazon to Boost Sales (Wall Street Journal)
• Surrendering to Rising Seas. Coastal communities struggling to adapt to climate change are beginning to do what was once unthinkable: retreat (Scientific American)
• How We Evaluate Our Current Circumstances: Steven Pinker (Los Angeles Review of Books)
• How Human Smarts Evolved: By counting the number of neurons in brains, one scientist revolutionized our view of why Homo sapiens and nonhuman primates are so much smarter than other animals. (Sapiens)
• This Is My Nerf Blaster, This Is My Gun (Topic)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Torsten Slok, chief international economist and managing director at Deutsche Bank. Slok’s economics team has been top-ranked by Institutional Investor in fixed income and equities for the past five years.
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!