RIP John McCain: Our Sunday morning reads:
• 10 Reasons Why It’s Tough to be a True “Intelligent Investor” (Validea)
• Why Middle-class Families Can No Longer Afford America (Knowledge@Wharton) but see Tax Cuts Are Helping One Group: Republican Politicians (Vice)
• Environmentally Unfriendly Deals Highlight Gray Areas for ‘Green Bonds’ (Wall Street Journal)
• Markets are skeptical that inflation will rise enough to justify the need for several more rate hikes. (Bloomberg)
• What Does Knee Surgery Cost? Few Know, and That’s a Problem (Wall Street Journal) see also Priced Out of Health Insurance, Americans Rig Their Own Safety Nets (Bloomberg)
• The Plot Against America: Decades before he ran the Trump campaign, Paul Manafort’s pursuit of foreign cash and shady deals laid the groundwork for the corruption of Washington. (Atlantic)
• Science is testing claims about psilocybin microdoses, and finding some truth (Stat)
• Trump administration is using federal disability law to disenfranchise minority voters (Think Progress)
• When Rotten Tomatoes rates Netflix original movies, it can only go one of two ways (Quartz) see also When Will Netflix Movies Finally Be Ready for Their Close-Up? (Hollywood Reporter)
• Cleveland Has Taken The Fly-Ball Revolution To The Next Level (FiveThirtyEight)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with venture capitalist and economist William Janeway, co-founder of BEA Systems, and author of “Doing Capitalism in the Innovation Economy: Reconfiguring the Three-Player Game between Markets, Speculators and the State.”
China’s Economy: Summer of Love or Summertime Sadness?
Source: Bloomberg via Morning Brew
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!