My Two-for-Tuesday morning train reads:
• Bridgewater’s Pure Alpha defies markets with 15% gain. (Financial Times Alphaville) but see also The Hedge Fund Comeback That Wasn’t: Steve Cohen’s Mediocre 2018 (Bloomberg)
• Outperformance in Down Markets 100% of the Time? (Provoking Posts)
• Can The Unemployment Rate Signal a Recession? (A Wealth of Common Sense)
• How past income tax rate cuts on the wealthy affected the economy (Politico)
• Why My Chinese Dad Switched From an iPhone to a Huawei (New York Times) see also Samsung Echoes Apple’s Gloomy Outlook as Tech Woes Get Worse. (Wall Street Journal)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!