Succinct Summations for the week ending February 22nd, 2019.
1. U.S. indexes edged higher, the S&P now ~5% off all-time highs;
2. Same store sales rose 5.4% w/o/w, greater than previous 4.6% rise.
3. Jobless claims fell 23k w/o/w, from 239k to 216k.
4. New orders for durable goods rose 1.2% m/o/m.
5. Home mortgage apps rose 1.7% w/o/w, after 4 straight weekly declines.
1. Political disfunction continues unabated, as more damning information continues to be revealed. Mueller Report release as early as next week promises more mayhem.
2. Leading Economic Indicators fell 0.1% m/o/m (consensus 0.1% rise).
3. Existing home sales fell 2.1% in January, from 4.990M to 4.940M.
4. Farm prices rose 1.8% m/o/m, decelerating from previous 3.5% rise.
5. PMI manufacturing flash fell 1.2 points m/o/m, from 54.9 to 53.7.