My end of week morning train reads:
• The 5 market crashes I lived through and what I learned (Marketwatch)
• The city’s mail shafts are chock-full of good stories (Crain’s New York)
• Cars dominate cities today. Barcelona has set out to change that. (Vox)
• “Maslow’s pyramid” is based on an elitist misreading of the psychologist’s work (Quartz)
• These books spark joy: The bursting, beautiful shelves of famous bibliophiles (Washington Post)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss best known for co-founding HarvardConnection, suing Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg for fraud and intellectual property theft. (The case settled for $65 million). They competed in the men’s pair rowing event at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Through Winklevoss Capital, they were early investors in bitcoin and various Blockchain start ups, which at one time, held a billion in bitcoin.
Get the daily reads in your inbox — free! Sign up here