Succinct Summations for the week ending January 29th, 2021
1. 27.3 million shots vaccinations have been given in the USA, daily average up to 1.26 million doses, according to the CDC.
2. Jobless claims fell 67k w/o/w from 914k to 847k.
3. US Trade in goods deficit narrowed from $-85.5B to $-82.5B in December.
4. Personal income rose 0.6% m/o/m, above expectations.
5. Case-Shiller Home Price Index rose 1.4% m/o/m, above expectations.
6. Retail inventories rose 1.0% m/o/m, above the previous increase of 0.8%.
1. Worst market day and week since October 2020
2. Home mortgage apps fell 4.0% w/o/w.
3. GDP growth fell to an annual rate of 4.0% in Q4.
4. Durable goods orders rose 0.2%, below expected increase.
5. Wholesale inventories rose 0.1% m/o/m, below expected increase.
6. FHFA House Price Index rose 1.0% m/o/m, below previous increase.
Percentage off highs, Russell 2000, S&P500 Index, Nasdaq 100Source: Y Charts