Interesting data set from Dave Rosenberg:
• Households own $18.2 trillion of residential real estate, even after the value destruction of the past three years.
• Households own $18.1 trillion of equities, despite the vicious bear market.
• Households own a near-record $7.7 trillion of deposits and cash — earning next to nothing in yield.
• Households own $4.6 trillion of consumer durable goods.
• Households own $3.5 trillion of corporate bonds and municipal/agency paper.
• What do households own in Treasury notes and bonds? Try $800 billion.
Pretty fascinating stuff . . .