Good morning — here are 10 interesting reads for you to enjoy at the beach this gorgeous Saturday!
• Analysis: High-Frequency Trade Sparks Commodity Flash Fires (NYT/Reuters)
• The Big Business of Synthetic Highs (BusinessWeek)
• How to fix crumbling U.S. roads, rails and airways. (Marketwatch)
Falling tax revenue is hurting U.S. shipping and prosperity; here’s how to fix it.
• Mohamed El-Erian: America’s Dangerous Debt Ceiling Debate (Project Syndicate)
• Soft Patch 2 Is Main Influence on U.S. Rates (Bloomberg)
• Why Real-Estate Prices Spike in Places Like Manhattan (Atlantic)
• Spam clogging Amazon’s Kindle self-publishing (Reuters)
• The Humpty-Dumpty Problem (American Scientist)
• Grumpus Maximus (NYT Magazine) See also Questions for Louis C.K. (Slate)
• Dormice, sea urchins and fresh figs: the Roman diet revealed (The Telegraph)
What’s on your beach blanket?