My reads to start your week:
• China’s First Trade Contraction in Two Years Adds Growth Concern (Bloomberg)
• Is the $25 Billion Foreclosure Settlement a Stealth Bank Bailout? (Time)
• Ex-Apple and AIG earnings, Q4 S&P 500 earnings growth falls from 5.5% to a meager 0.8% (Factset)
• ECB Cash Doesn’t Wean Investors Off German Debt (Bloomberg)
• Analysis: Criminal probe trail going cold at MF Global (Reuters) see also MF Global Trustee Sees $1.6 Billion Customer Shortfall (Deal Book)
• Why the Wealthy Really Are Moving Cash to the Caymans (Smart Money)
• Elizabeth Warren profile: A girl who soared, but longed to belong (Boston Globe)
• Copper Traders Turn Bullish as Inventories Drop to 2009 Low: (Bloomberg) see also Rich to Invest More in Commodities, Reduce Cash (Bloomberg)
• BREAKING THE CODE: WHY YUOR BARIN CAN RAED TIHS (Discovery News)
• Jeremy Lin Drives Knicks’ Sales, MSG Shares (Bloomberg)
• NASA’s science missions bring the universe into sharper focus even as agency struggles with manned flight (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
Too Late to Jump Aboard?
click for larger graph