Traveling for Thanksgiving? Fire up the tablet and enjoy some pre-holiday reads!
• Birinyi: Sixth Myths About the Stock Market (MarketBeat)
• 10 things stores won’t say about Black Friday (MarketWatch) see also Bionic Mannequins Spy on Shoppers to Boost Luxury Sales (Bloomberg)
• HP’s Accounting Claims Are Seen as Cover for Bad Deals (Bloomberg) see also H-P Says It Was Duped, Takes $8.8 Billion Charge (WSJ)
• The Making Of A Great Contraction With A Liquidity Trap and A Jobless Recovery (The National Bureau of Economic Research)
• Wall Street Kept Winning on Mortgages Upending Homeowners (Bloomberg) see also Mortgage Settlement Monitor “Progress” Report Gooses Numbers to Hide Lack of Real Relief to Homeowners (Naked Capitalism)
• Apple and the Desire for Control (Bits)
• Todays WTF Headline: Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth (Bloomberg) see also The Confederacy of Takers (Washington Post)
• You Can’t Say That on the Internet (NYT)
• Modern wheat a “perfect, chronic poison,” doctor says (CBS News)
• After Obama, Christie Wants a G.O.P. Hug (NYT) see also Conservative Republicans fight back after Romney loss (Washington Post)
What are you eating tomorrow?
Will Retailers’ Black Friday Strategies Work?