My afternoon train reads:
• The dirty secret of economics education (Worthwhile Canadian Initiative)
• Apple’s iPhone 5 as loss leader (Fortune) see also Wal-Mart selling Apple’s iPhone 5 at big discount (Reuters)
• The reflection of the market’s shadow (Delusional Optimism)
• The Quest for Prosperity: An Economics Masterpiece You Should Be Reading Now (Bloomberg)
• Greeks Can’t Find Euros to Buy Heating Oil in Winter Economy (Bloomberg)
• We’ve Nationalized the Home Mortgage Market. Now What? (ProPublica)
• Recession Forecasting Ensemble (RFE) and market timing (Recession Alert)
• The best-laid plans: How we update our goals based on new information (News at Princeton) see also Behavior Lessons for Leadership and Teamwork (Stanford Graduate School of Business)
• Another Earth Just 12 Light-Years Away? (Science Magazine) see also CERN now 99.999999999% sure it has found the Higgs boson (ExtremeTech)
• Here are the 30 startups set to help shape the future of the music industry at Midem (The Next Web)
What are you reading?
In a World Full of Risk, Why Are Investors So Calm?