My afternoon train reads:
• Wall Street’s Biggest Geniuses Reveal Their Favorite Charts Of 2012 (Business Insider) see also Everything You Need To Know About the Economy in 2012, in 34 Charts (Atlantic)
• God Save the British Economy (NYT Magazine)
• LOL Auditor: “material weaknesses” at Bailey Bros. Building and Loan (Quartz)
• After Libor, arguments against financial regulation are a joke (Thomson Reuters) see also Last-Ditch Attempt to Derail Volcker Rule (Economix)
• Will Instagram teach users there’s no such thing as a free (digital media) lunch? (Quartz)
• Humans have ‘Restless Genes’ (National Geographic)
• To Stop Shootings, Americans Focus on Police, Mental Health (Gallup) see also Today’s McArdle Award Winner (The Politics Blog)
• A history of the Second Amendment in two paintings (Wonkblog)
• Jerry Seinfeld Intends to Die Standing Up (NYT)
• The 30 Most Powerful Photobombs Of The Year (BuzzFeed)
What are you reading?
Average December Change By Day: Santa on His Way?