My longer form journalism reads to start your weekend:
• How Amazon Trained Its Investors to Behave (Harvard Business Review)
• North Dakota Went Boom (NYT Magazine)
• Do We Really Want to Live Without the Post Office? (Esquire)
• The theory of social costs: Why markets cannot discipline financial institutions (Credit Writedowns)
• Bill Gates, still atoning for his sins: My Plan to Fix The World’s Biggest Problems (WSJ)
• Mel Brooks, ‘Unhinged’ And Loving It (Tri States Radio)
• Hackers in China Attacked The Times for Last 4 Months (NYT) see also WSJ too (WSJ)
• Is Scientific Truth Always Beautiful? (The Chronicle)
• How the country’s biggest gun-rights group thwarts regulation and helps put military-grade weapons in the hands of killers (Rolling Stone)
• Awaiting a New Darwin (The New York Review of Books)
What are you doing this weekend?
Where is most plastic surgery performed?
Source: The Economist