My WSJ-heavy afternoon train reading:
• Everything you ‘know’ about the Fed is wrong (Minyanville)
• Consumers Are Just Fine, Thank You. (WSJ)
• Dixon’s Take: Traders Beware, ‘News’ Ain’t What It Used to Be (Minyanville) see also From ‘War of the Worlds’ to the Hack Crash (MoneyBeat)
• Apple to Tap a Hungry Debt Market (WSJ)
• The New Normal . . . Never Was (I Heart Wall Street)
• RRE: Romancing the Overseas Buyer (WSJ) see also A Collector’s Approach to Property (WSJ)
• Executive-Pay Tax Break Saved Fortune 500 Corps $27 Billion Over the Past 3 Years (Tax Justice)
• Reinhart-Rogoff a Week Later: Why Does This Matter? (Next New Deal) see also Greg Mankiw On R&R: Hey, Everybody Makes Mistakes (HuffPo)
• World Thinkers 2013 (Prospect)
• Dinosaurs and their ‘exaggerated structures’: species recognition aids, or sexual display devices? (Scientific American)
What are you reading?
What’s Wrong With This Picture?