Succinct Summations for the week ending February 5th, 2016
- ADP employment report came in at 205k, above the 190k expected. Last month’s report was revised to 267k, up from 257k.
- Unemployment fell to 4.9%, down from 5% previously.
- PMI Manufacturing Index came in at 52.4, up from 51.2 previously; PMI Services Index came in at 53.2, (a decent but slightly below expectations number).
- Bloomberg consumer comfort came in at 44.2, down slightly from the previous reading but still a solid reading.
- Stocks had a rough week, with the S&P 500 falling 3.3%.
- Nonfarm payrolls fell to 151k, below the 188k expected. The previous reading was revised down 30k
- Factory orders fell 2.9% m/o/m.
- ISM manufacturing index came in at 48.2, fourth straight reading below 50 for the first time since 2009.
- Initial jobless claims came in at 285k and the 4-week moving average is now up to 284.75k.
- MBA mortgage composite index fell 2.6% w/o/w.
- ISM Non-manufacturing came in at 53.5, below the 55.5 expected and down from 55.3 previously.