I will be otherwise occupied on this gorgeous Saturday with my M-in-L’s 85th B-day for whom we are hosting a BBQ /party!
In the meantime, here are a few items I have NOT read, but want to get to in the coming days when time allows.
• Cash is King: Take It to the Bank: (Barron’s) IF YOU REMAIN SHELL-SHOCKED FROM THE near-obliteration of your stocks, bonds and retirement nest egg by the Great Recession, then — metaphorically speaking — have we got a bunker for you. It’s called a bank
• Tight Mortgage Rules Exclude Even Good Risks (NYT) I am once again forced to say Housing bottom my arse!
• Major Lender Faces Crunch (WSJ) One of our favorite shorts from ’07 year, CIT, is in trouble
• Toughening Up the SEC (Marketwatch)
• Geithner Pushes Derivatives Plan (Washington Post)
• A Stock With Bounce: Investors Stick to GM: Shares in “General Motors,” the company says, are worthless. But many investors apparently have missed the message. See also: Primer on the New General Motors
• Who Is Your Investment Co-Pilot? (Abnormal Returns)
• First International Workshop on Managing financial instability in capitalistic economies at Reykjavik University in Iceland
• Stop Paying Attention: Zoning Out Is a Crucial Mental State (Discover magazine)
• The trailer for Ricky Gervais upcoming movie: The Invention of Lying
Anything else worthwhile I should see?