I am off to Vail for the Pacific Crest conference, but here is what I will be reading on the plane, including some Point/Counterpoint:
• Debt Burden to Weigh on Stocks; Consumers’ Inability to Drive Economic Growth Likely to End Big Gains (WSJ)
• Cash for This, Cash for That: You Name It, They Want It; Trade-Ins Catch On In a Down Economy (Washington Post).
• VIX Signals S&P 500 Swoon as September Approaches (Bloomberg)
• Don’t Dismiss Taibbi (CJR Audit)
• Steven Pearlstein goes off: Propagating Falsehoods in Attacks on Health-Care Reform
• Planet of Weeds (Harper’s)
What did I miss while travelling . . . ?