I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday festivities. I managed to relax and do very little work today. But I did come across quite a number of interesting articles — these are worth a read, regardless of the holidays:
• Stadium Boom Deepens Municipal Woes (NYT) In case you didn’t realize what a giant scam municiple funded stadiums were. Enormous transfer of wealth from taxpayers to the ultra-wealthy
• What I Learned in 2009 (Barron’s)
• The Elves Leave Middle Earth – Sodas Are No Longer Free What it means when successful startups start cutting back on the perks.
• Fast, cheap, happy health care (MarketPlace) fascinating discussion of cheap affordable healthcare
• New Film Ignites Debate on Ratings Policy: MPAA shows just how out of touch it is by slapping an R rating on Its Complicated, the new Merrill Streep/Alec Baldwin comedy. Why? Because they smoke a joint in one scene. Welcome to 1972!
• Wired for War: Interesting new blog about the “Robotics Revolution and Conflict in the 21st” Century
• My favorite holiday story this year: Chicago man’s friends gift-wrap everything he owns; An instant classic in prankdom (Chicago Sun Times)
What’s on your reading list?