Ahhh, glorious Spring is upon is: The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the muddy remnants of recent storms are beginning to dry out. The hammock beckons!
Before I head out East to see if our summer house is still standing, here are a few worthwhile reads for those of you suffering in less delightful weather zones of the world.
• NBER’s Hall Says Payrolls Make It ‘Pretty Clear’ Recession Over (Bloomberg)
• Time to rebalance (The Economist)
• Pssst: Wall Street Is Hiring Again (Time)
• John Bogle: Old-fashioned investing advice still applies (LA Times)
• A Banker Finds Cash Cow in Failures (WSJ)
• CNN.com launched a new breaking news blog: This Just In
• Barney Frank: Another Staffer Flips to Wall Street (Marketbeat)
• You Tube turns 5 (Wired)
• Moral judgments can be altered … by magnets (MIT)
• My favorite April Fools headline: Man arrested at Large Hadron Collider claims he’s from the future (CNET)
• Catfight! Blodget and Salmon on Blodget vs. Salmon: The Last Word (Village Voice)
Let’s go open thread with the rest of this: What are you reading that is particularly insightful, informative, or simply interesting ?
Or are you simply marking time, waiting for the premiere of the new Dr. Who series on BBC in 2 weeks ?