A crazy Tuesday — snow in the morning, way late getting into the office, rush around all day, then Fast Money in the evening, then home to find that missus decided to paint the den without me.
Oh, well, I guess I’ll just have to break out the laptop, and go shopping instead. I still have plenty of people left on my list, after last week’s shopping.
• I am a huge fan of Carl Richard’s Behavior Gap — some of his signed and numbered limited edition prints have managed to find their way into a few of my pals stockings this year. For anyone who works in finance, its just fun stuff. ($100-200)
• Got a Springsteen fan on your list? The Promise: The Darkness On The Edge of Town Story is a no brainer. The “deluxe package” has six hours of film, more than two hours of audio on 3 CDs and 3 DVDs, and features The Making of ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town,’ a documentary directed by Grammy- and Emmy-winning filmmaker Thom Zimny. The ninety-minute film combines never-before-seen footage of Springsteen and the E Street Band shot between 1976 and 1978. great stuff for any Bruce fan. ($99)
• Last year, I mentioned the Frogman, and lots of you wrote in the froggies made lovely gifts. Check out this year’s Bamboo Monumental — 12 feet tall, and only $150,000!
If you don’t have the yardage for that, I love this little yella fella: Jump start ($680)
• As soon as the new iPod Nano Touch was revealed, I rushed out and grabbed a 5th Gen the old model — the superior Apple iPod nano 16 GB Purple (5th Generation). Scroll wheel, video camera, FM radio — i just like it better than the new nano touch. Better grab them (in whatever color you can) while you can at Apple, eBay and Amazon before they are gone! ($150-270)
• Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning: A few of you wrote to say you liked the Billy Jealousy face wash — well, you can add this to your products.
I use the Beard Lube as a pre-shave. It slicks your face so your blade glides for an easier, smoother shave with less razor burn. It’s also very light and rinses clean easily.
• Buy a gift for yourself (and your back) the Embody Chair by Herman Miller ($1000-1500)
To hell with those ugly Aerons, this is my white whale . . .
• Panasonic DMC-LX3 Great stats on this camera: 10.1MP Digital Camera with 24mm Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
• I love the tile of the book: How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming Mike Brown tells the story of how his research on the outer solar system led directly to the death of Pluto, the planet.
For the astro/physics geek on your list. ($14.88)