The latest additions to my Instapaper, for your reading pleasure:
• Karl Marx, Economist? (Chronicle of Higher Education) Marx, it turns out, did not believe in Communism
• Shadowstats: Inflation Actually Near 10% Using Older Measure (CNBC.com) Sounds high to me . . .
• Michael Lewis: The Fed Rescue Program Too Bizarre to Be True (Bloomberg)
• The Wall Street Mind: Anxious… (NY Mag)
• New Questions about Banks’ Force-Placed Insurance Deals (American Banker)
• Matt Taibbi: Why is the Federal Reserve forking over $220 million in bailout money to the wives of two Morgan Stanley bigwigs? (Rolling Stone)
• Is Goldman, Wall Street’s Biggest Commodities Bull, Hanging Up the Horns? (CNBC.com)
• Americans Decry Power of Lobbyists, Corporations, Banks, Feds (Gallup)
• Manhattan DA Investigates Bear Stearns Mortgage Traders (The Atlantic)
Quite the eclectic mix today.
Use comments to add further reads . . .