The Senate released its report on the financial crisis (posted in Think Tank here). It is a 650 page beast that I have only just begun plowing through. The early reads are fairly brutal:
• Goldman Sachs Misled Congress After Duping Clients, Levin Says (Bloomberg)
• Criminal Charges Loom For Goldman Sachs After Scathing Senate Report (Forbes)
• Goldman report: last chance for perp walks? (Fortune)
• Senate Report Lays Bare Mortgage Mess (WSJ)
• Senate panel slams Goldman in scathing crisis report (Reuters)
• Naming Culprits in the Financial Crisis (NYT)
If I can work my way through this monster, I’ll post on it. Meanwhile, the above media reports can give you some flavor as to what in the Senate report.