Here are today’s favorite reads:
• Foreclosures crush home prices (CNN Money) See also Federal Retreat on Bigger Loans Rattles Housing (NY Times)
• The theory of rockets and parachutes: a primer on US gasoline prices (The Barrel)
• What the Mafia teaches about fiscal policy (Olaf Storbeck)
• The Bond Vigilante (The Atlantic)
• Faulty Towers: The Crisis in Higher Education (The Nation)
• The great corporate tax swindle (Guardian)
• A Crude Guess About The Future (Freakonomics)
• Unspoken Truths (Vanity Fair)
• Trader Joe’s Joe: Joe Coulombe (LA Times)
• Is College a Rotten Investment? (Slate)
• The Tragedy of Sarah Palin (The Atlantic) In Alaska, she was a bi-partisan legislator who focused on the states’ problems. What went wrong?
What are you reading?
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: