My end of week reading:
• Home-sales data is bogus, Realtors say (NY Post) see also Shine Is Off Asian Properties (WSJ)
• A peek inside ECRI’s black box (Bonddad Blog)
• Questioning The Benefit Of Curbing Short Sales (NYT)
• As Retail Sales Lag, Stores Shuffle the Calendar (NYT)
• Banks See Their Footprint Downsized in 2011 (Yahoo Finance)
• Revealed: huge increase in executive pay for America’s top bosses (Guardian)
• U.K. May Face Derivatives-Law Setback in EU (Bloomberg) see also SEC Appeals Judge’s Rejection of Citigroup Settlement (WSJ)
• Gold Experiences an Identity Crisis (WSJ)
• History lesson: The People and the Patriots (Boston Review)
• Iran hijacked US drone, says Iranian engineer (CS Monitor)
What are you reading?
Gold: Safe or Sorry?
Source: Gold Experiences an Identity Crisis, WSJ