Early morning Memorial Day readings:
• For Tech Start-Ups, New York Has Increasing Allure (NYT)
• Capital is leaving Europe… (FT Alphaville)
• Dirty Dozen Revisited (The Street)
• Real Estate: The Great Lie (The Buttonwood Tree) see also Principal Reductions Won’t Solve the Mortgage Mess (Bloomberg)
• Public Pensions Faulted for Bets on Rosy Returns (NYT)
• Marc Andreessen, The Man Who Makes the Future: (Wired)
• How Can We Cope with the Dirty Water from Fracking? (Scientific American)
• Same-Sex Marriage Support Shows Pace of Social Change Accelerating (NYT)
• Infographic: A Fast Food Burger Is 3 Times Larger Now Than in the 1950s (The Atlantic)
• Unprecedented Maya Mural Found, Contradicts 2012 “Doomsday” Myth (National Geographic) see also Oldest known Maya calendar found in Guatemala (LA Times)
Who are you remembering today?
Will Truckers Ditch Diesel?