My afternoon train reads:
• Boston Marathon Bombing: Keep Calm and Carry On (Atlantic) see also Reddit Thinks It Can Solve the Boston Bombings (Slate)
• Bull Markets Since 1871: Duration and Magnitude (Greenbackd)
• Gold crash is an instructive whodunit of financial markets (theguardian) see also Gold and Silver – where do we go from here? (Behavioral Macro)
• Are Short Sellers Positive Feedback Traders? Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis (CIGI)
• Why the Argument for Austerity Took a Big Hit Yesterday (Time)
• Thatcher and the words no one mentions: North Sea Oil (Open Democracy) see also America needs a new war or capitalism dies (MarketWatch)
• Apple Now Valued at Less Than Exxon Again: Megacap Update (Barron’s)
• The Bipartisan Origins of the Income Tax (Echoes)
• Forget Gold, the Gourmet-Cupcake Market Is Crashing (WSJ) see also Buffett Mocking Gold Sidesteps Slump As He Bets on Stocks (Bloomberg)
• Why is it so hard to make a phone call in emergency situations? (boingboing)
What are you reading?
Microsoft Excel: Despoiler of global economies!