My afternoon train reading:
• Bear Hunting (FT Alphaville) see also Where are the global growth optimists? (FT Alphaville)
• Stock Tribes (Reformed Broker)
• Funds of hedge funds recast dismal model (FT) see also Being Wrong Works at Scale…Hedge Funds and Bank of America (Howard Lindzon)
• Which CEO Will Be Next to Talk Down His Own Stock? (Yahoo)
• Fed Balance Sheet Not Seen Returning to Normal Until at Least 2019 (WSJ) but see Hilsenrath: December Taper Not Off the Table (WSJ)
• The App Store Era’s Biggest Winners And Losers (Splat F)
• How You Subsidize the Minimum Wage (Motley Fool)
• A New View of the Corporate Income Tax (Economix)
• Out of this world: Britain’s ‘top scientist’ Martin Rees says our brains may not yet have evolved sufficiently to unlock the secrets of the cosmos (FT)
• Orson Welles’ War of the Worlds Did Not Touch Off a Nationwide Hysteria. Few Americans Listened. Even Fewer Panicked. (Slate)
Whats up with that?
Why Are Taxpayers Subsidizing Wealthy Companies?
Source: Motley Fool
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: