Good morning, here are the longer form weekend reading materials I have accumulated over the week.
• How Netflix Reverse Engineered Hollywood (The Atlantic)
• Americans Love Affair with Cars is Over (Columbia Journalism Review)
• Academic / Media Smackdown:
…..-Academics Who Defend Wall St. Reap Reward (NY Times)
…..-I Have Not Yet Begun to Write: Responding to the New York Times’ Farrago of Dishonesty, Insinuations, and Ad Hominem (Streetwise Professor)
• A Jobs Agenda for the Right (National Affairs)
• A Speck in the Sea (NY Times)
• Why the Passenger Pigeon Became Extinct (New Yorker)
• NSA seeks quantum computer that could crack most codes (Washington Post)
• What should you do if someone puts a gun to your head? (Quora)
• Isaac Asimov Predicts in 1964 What the World Will Look Like Today — in 2014 (Open Culture) see also Visit to the World’s Fair of 2014 (NY Times)
• Outside the Lines: Michael Jordan Has Not Left The Building (ESPN)
Whats for brunch?
S&P 500 Above 200-Day Moving Average for all of 2013
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: