My afternoon train reads:
• Corporate Profit Margins Have Officially Hit New Highs (Business Insider)
• 3 Lessons From S&P 2000 (Time)
• Fewer U.S. Homes Underwater in Second Quarter (WSJ)
• High Food Prices Lead to Trade-Offs Even in Upper-Income Households (WSJ) but see China Is Awash in Grain Crops (WSJ)
• Burger Tim: Warren Buffett Funds Global Donut-Burger Behemoth (Bloomberg View)
• Who benefits from a stock-market boom? (Washington Post) see also Economic recovery favors the more-affluent who own stocks (Pew Research)
• Apple’s Next Big Rainmaker Could Be the Cloud (Barron’s)
• Gun assault injuries alone cost taxpayers almost half a billion dollars a year (WonkBlog)
• Ode to a F*cked Generation (Medium)
• 46 Incredible Photos You May Not Have Seen Before. #22 Is Unbelievable (Tickld)
What are you reading?
Is it me, or is it getting hot in here?