A few interesting factoids about the Summer Solstice:
1. Its the 1st day Of Summer (in the Northern Hemisphere)
2. The Summer Solstice is also the Winter Solstice (in the Southern Hemisphere).
3. This year, it falls on June 21. But that’s not always true. It occurs when the sun reaches its highest point in the sky. It varies between June 20-22.
4. The word “Solstice” is means “sun” and “staying,” or “the sun standing still.”
5. Around noon on the solstice, your shadow will be the smallest it is all year.
6. In some places, there’s constant sunlight.
7. Solstice has been celebrated for centuries.