Finish up your 3 day weekend with our not coincidentally employment and labor related reads:
• Is Overwork Killing You? (Harvard Business Review)
• How Trains are Easing America’s Trucking Crisis (National Journal)
• Is a Cambrian Explosion Coming for Robotics? (IEEE Spectrum)
• The Oil-Sands Glut Is About to Get a Lot Bigger (Bloomberg)
• College Calculus: What’s the real value of higher education? (New Yorker)
• Financial Leaders Agree to Act to Bolster Growth (NYT) see also Global economy survives the China and commodity shocks – so far (FT)
• Productivity and Pay (Krugman)
• Climate Change Means One World’s Death and Another’s Birth (Wired)
• Transmedics’ Heart-in-a-Box Could Help with Organ Transplant List (MIT Technology Review)
• Stop Playing Monopoly With Your Kids And Play These Games Instead (fivethirtyeight)
What are you reading?
Should Companies Publish Difference Between CEO Pay and Employees?
Source: Morning Consult