Back to the workweek! Start it out properly with the finest morning train reads in the land:
• The Ballad of the Breakaway Broker (Reformed Broker)
• Lowenstein: Why Americans Don’t Trust the Fed (WSJ) see also Ben Bernanke, the Grown-Up in the Room: At a time of shrill politics, the former Fed chief reminds us of what mature leadership is about. (Politico)
• Nice compare & contrast: Coin Flippers Drenched in Alpha (Irrelevant Investor)
• Coincidence? China Economic Growth Falls Below 7% for First Time Since 2009 (WSJ) and coincidentally Report Warns of Chinese Hacking (WSJ)
• Why Is the CBO Concocting a Phony Debt Crisis? A simple accounting trick is arming austerity hawks with a powerful, phony weapon. (The Nation)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this past weekend with Jeremy Siegel professor at University of Pennsylvania Wharton School and author of the classic book Stocks for the Long Run.