Our early morning train reads, brought to you directly without a middle man taking 10% of our links:
• The real reason the Fed is eager to raise interest rates now (Quartz) see also Onto The Next Question (Tim Duy’s Fed Watch)
• AUM Growth Is Hedge Funds’ #1 Goal (CIO) see also State Pensions Funding Gap: Challenges Persist (Pew Trusts)
• How To Tell Good Studies From Bad? Bet On Them (FiveThirtyEight)
• Are You Superstitious? Are You Stupid? (Bloomberg) but see Dunning-Kruger in Groups (NeuroLogica)
• The Manual Gearbox Preservation Society: Do You Drive Stick? Fans of Manual Transmission Can’t Let Go (WSJ)
Catch my dulcet tones this am co-hosting Bloomberg Surveillance from 7 to 10 am.