Succinct Summations for the week ending December 18th, 2015
- Liftoff! They raised the Federal Funds rate, ending six plus years of ZIRP.
- Housing starts rose 11% in November to 1.173mm SAAR, up from 1.06mm previously.
- Bloomberg’s consumer comfort index rose for the second straight week.
- Jobless claims came in at 271k, down from 282k previously.
- Housing permits rose 1.289k, above the 1.146k expected.
- CPI came in unchanged m/o/m and is down from the 0.2% rise previously.
- Industrial production fell 0.6% m/o/m, down from the 0.2% fall previously.
- MBA mortgage application composite index fell 1.1% w/o/w.
- Empire state manufacturing came in at -4.59, up from -10.7 previously.
- The housing market index came in at 61, below the 63 expected and down from 62 previously.