On this week’s Masters in Business radio podcast, I speak with Michael Covel, author of Trend Following and Turtle Trader. Covel is a student of trading, and has helped demystify a number of fascinating aspects of how top traders achieve their greatness.
He is best known for his Trend Following series of books, which have been best sellers. When I mentioned to several traders I am friendly with that Covel was our guest this week, to a man, they all said the same thing: “He made us millions of dollars — and our careers…”
Even more fascinating is the story of Richard Denis and the Turtle Traders, and how Covel wrote the definitive story of their creation. First brought to the public attention via Jack Schwager’s Market Wizards, it answers the question whether great traders are born or made. Fascinating stuff.
Hear the show live on Bloomberg Radio; download the full podcast at iTunes, SoundCloud and on Bloomberg.com. Earlier podcasts can be found on iTunes and at Bloombergview.com.
Books mentioned are after the jump
Books mentioned during the podcast:
• Trend Following by Michael Covel
• Complete Turtle Trader by Michael Covel
• Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim
• Animal Weapons: The Evolution of Battle by Douglas J. Emlen
• More More Than You Know: Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places by Michael J. Mauboussin
• Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
• The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety by Alan W. Watts
• Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: