Succinct Summations for the week ending April 8th 2016
- ISM Non-manufacturing index came in at 54.5, up from 53.4 previously.
- New jobless claims fell to 267k, down from 276k previously.
- The MBA mortgage composite index rose 2.7% w/o/w.
- Bloomberg’s consumer comfort index held steady at 42.6.
- PMI services index came in at 51.3, a modest expansion.
- Factory orders fell 1.7%, down sharply from the 1.6% rise previously.
- Job openings fell to 5.445M, down from 5.541M previously.
- S. stocks fell for the second time in the last three weeks.
- Auto inventories fell 1%, the largest monthly decline since September 2013.
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: