Ciao, bella! Back in the states, jumping right into our morning train reads:
• Bull Market Losing Biggest Ally as Buybacks Fall Most Since 2009 (Bloomberg) see also Central Bankers’ Wisdom Faulted as Gold Holdings Surge 25% (Bloomberg)
• Deconstructing 30 Year Stock Market Returns (Wealth of Common Sense)
• Economists Disagree With Voters Who See U.S. Worse Off Today Than in 1960s (WSJ)
• Apple R&D Reveals a Pivot Is Coming (AboveAvalon)
• In Oracle v. Google, a Nerd Subculture Is on Trial (Motherboard)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Robert Frank, economics professor at Cornell, author of Success and Luck: Good Fortune and the Myth of Meritocracy.