The weekend is here! Pour yourself a mug of KickAss coffee, grab a comfy seat poolside lounger, and get ready for our longer-form weekend reads:
• Holdout: If a private development wants your place, and you refuse to sell, there’s not much they can do (99% Invisible)
• The iBrain is Here – And It’s Already Inside Your Phone (Backchannel)
• Busting the billion-dollar myth: how to slash the cost of drug development (Nature.com)
• How Researchers Discovered the Basketball ‘Hot Hand’ (NY Mag)
• The Spectrum Auction: How Economists Saved the Day (Priceonomics)
• Like. Flirt. Ghost: A Journey Into the Social Media Lives of Teens (Wired)
• How Chicken Conquered the American Dinner Plate (First We Feast)
• The Drone Presidency (NY Review of Books)
• How the Beatles’ ‘Revolver’ Gave Brian Wilson a Nervous Breakdown (Medium)
• America’s Golf Courses Are Burning (Bloomberg)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Gina Martin Adams, head of Equity Strategy ay Wells Fargo.
What global fixed-income markets are in bubble territory?
Source: CFA Institute
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: