My easy like Sunday morning reads, now with #TrumpDrSeuss!
• Fuck You Startup World: That’s right, I said it. (Medium)
• An economist makes the case for saving investigative journalism (Poynter)
• Hidden Power of the Big Three? Passive Index Funds, Re-Concentration of Corporate Ownership, and New Financial Risk (SSRN)
• Driverless Cars Need Just One Thing: Futuristic Roads (Backchannel)
• Could Rising Insurance Premiums Eradicate Unlawful Police Conduct? (Priceonomics)
• Put down the porn and explore real sex with erotica (The Guardian)
• 8 Years in Obama’s America, By Barack Obama and 60 Other Players and Witnesses (NY Mag) see also Five Days That Shaped a Presidency: Barack Obama shares with Jonathan Chait a very early draft of his memoirs. (NY Mag)
• U.S. Traffic Deaths Up Sharply in First Half of the Year (Wall Street Journal) see also You may not have to haggle for the next car you buy (Washington Post)
• The Sky Is Filled With Galaxies (Slate Bad Astronomy)
• If You Vote For Trump, Then Screw You (GQ)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Arun Sundararajan, professor at NYU’s Stern School of Business, and author of The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism.
The Pound’s Long Decline
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!