The weekend is here! Pour yourself a mug of Danish Blend coffee, grab a seat by the pool, and get ready for our longer form weekend reads:
• Apple’s New Campus: An Exclusive Look Inside the Mothership (Wired)
• David M. Blitzer: Stock Picker Behind the S&P 500 (Wall Street Journal)
• It’ll Take an Army to Kill the Emperor: Meet the Men and Women Winning the Fight Against Cancer (Popular Mechanics)
• The Case for Tactical Alpha: The Fundamental Flaw of Grinold’s Fundamental Law (ReSolve)
• Amazing graphics: Miles of Ice Collapsing Into the Sea (New York Times)
• More Is More: Empire of Things: How We Became a World of Consumers (New York Review of Books)
• Platonically irrational: How much did Plato know about behavioural economics and cognitive biases? Pretty much everything, it turns out (Aeon)
• While US counter-terrorism efforts remain locked on Islamist extremism, the growing threat from homegrown, rightwing extremists is even more pressing (The Guardian)
• What Is Sophistication? How American Jewish humor became the comedy of the global elite. (American Interest) but see Austin Powers at 20: Mike Myers, Jay Roach, More Spill Secrets in Shagadelic Oral History (Hollywood Reporter)
• This Is the Best Dinosaur Fossil of Its Kind Ever Found (National Geographic)
CAPE Ratio, Why Have Thou Forsaken Me?
Source: Meb Faber
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!