The weekend is here! Pour yourself a mug of Kicking Horse coffee, grab a seat by the pool, and get ready for our longer form weekend reads:
• Inside The Partisan Political Fight For Your Facebook News Feed (Buzzfeed) see also You Are the Product (London Review of Books)
• Carl Icahn’s Failed Raid on Washington Was President Trump’s richest adviser focussed on helping the country—or his own bottom line? (NewYorker)
• Chill: Robots Won’t Take All Our Jobs (Wired)
• The Drug Runners (Texas Monthly)
• Climate change will likely wreck their livelihoods – but they still don’t buy the science (The Guardian)
• Dalio’s Quest to Outlive Himself (Bloomberg)
• How Driscoll’s Reinvented the Strawberry (New Yorker)
•It is time to stop using the term ‘alt right’ (Columbia Journalism Review)
• Aliens in our midst: The ctenophore’s brain suggests that, if evolution began again, intelligence would re-emerge because nature repeats itself (Aeon)
• How the Trump Administration Broke the State Department (Foreign Policy) see also How the Trump hotel has rewritten the rules of business — and politics — in Washington (Washington Post)
How Much Does the Tax Man Take From Your Paycheck?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!