We are midway through the 60 days of winter darkness. Fight through it with our morning train reads:
• Why you can’t cash out: Why Bitcoin’s “price” is largely fictional (David Gerard)
• In America’s Most Middle-Class City, the Mall Is Dying. Here’s Why (Wall Street Journal) see also America’s Great Renter Boom Is Over (Slate)
• Let it go: The Arctic will never be frozen again (Grist)
• As a Pediatric Doctor, I’m Sick of All The Health Care Freeloaders (Texas Observer)
• This is your brain on Christmas music (William & Mary)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!