My morning train reads:
• What Billy Beane and Jim Simons Have in Common (Institutional Investor)
• ‘Great vampire squid’ no longer — Goldman Sachs has finally rehabbed its reputation, 10 years after the financial crisis (Business Insider)
• Skyscrapers Too Pricey for Bankers Are Full of Crypto Startups (Bloomberg)
• Nick Hanauer, the Plutocrat of the Common Man (Democracy)
• Trump administration sees a 7-degree rise in global temperatures by 2100 (Washington Post)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Peter Conti-Brown, a financial historian and legal scholar at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Conti-Brown studies central banking, financial regulation and public finance, with a particular focus on the history and policies of the U.S. Federal Reserve System. He is the author of “The Power and Independence of the Federal Reserve.”
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!