Succinct Summations for the week ending April 2nd, 2021
1. More than 608 million doses have been administered across 150 countries, including more than 154 million doses in the United States.
2. Non-farm payrolls rose 916k m/o/m, above expectations.
3. Unemployment rate came in at 6.0% for March, below previous 6.2%.
4. ISM Mfg index came in at 64.7 for March, above expectations.
5. Consumer confidence came in at 109.7 for March, above expectations
1. The spectacular rise and fall Archegos Capital Management reveals large pools of unregulated, highly leveraged capital presents a potential systemic risk.
2. Jobless claims rose 61k w/o/w from 658k to 719k.
3. Home mortgage apps fell 2.2% w/o/w, below the previous increase of 3.0%.
4. Pending home sales index fell for 2nd straight month, -10.6% in February.
5. Construction spending fell 0.8% m/o/m, below the previous increase of 1.2%
The S&P500 Index Gained 7.4% in Q1