More evidence of price competition, as Best Buy maintains price pressure. From this past weekend’s circular:
CD Sale: $9.99 or less
• Helmet Unsung: The Very Best of Helmet (1991-1997): $7.99
• No Motiv Daylight Breaking: $8.99
• Twista Kamikaze: $9.99
• Baby Bash The Smokin’ Nephew: $9.99
• Tupac Resurrection: The Soundtrack: $9.99
• Yes The Ultimate Yes: 35th Anniversary: $15.99 (Double CD)
And of course, the continued “DVDs that are cheaper than CDs” sale:
• Swingers $9.99
• Clerks $9.99
• Grosse Pointe Blank $9.99 (which is one of my all time favorite comedies; I will swing by BB and pick this up this weekend).
Best Buy still offers free shipping — so if the weather is as bad as predicted (we got a foot of snow last nite), I can still pick ’em up from home.
Ain’t competition grand?
UPDATE: 1/28/04 6:56 am
Since we are all about competition here, Amazon has the Peter Gabriel DVD for $14.99. And since I earned a grand total of $24.76 as an Amazon Associate (buy something, people!) it looks like Amazon will get the Gabriel sale . . .