Succinct Summations for the week ending August 14th
1. U.S. industrial production rose 0.6%, above the 0.4% expected increase.
2. NFIB small business index rose to 95.4, up from 94.1.
3. Producer prices rose 0.2% vs the 0.1% expected increase.
4. Consumer sentiment came in at 92.9, slightly higher than the 92.8 expected.
1. China Devalues the Yuan 1.8%, setting off another leg in a currency war;
2. Retail sales grew 0.6%, slightly lower than the 0.7% expected rise.
3. Weekly jobless claims rose to 274k, slightly higher than expected, but still a strong number.
4. Job openings fell to 5.2mm, down from 5.4mm previously.
5. Core retail sales rose 0.4% vs the 0.6% expected.
6. Second quarter productivity rose 1.3%, lower than the 1.6% expected rise.